09:00 CHECK-IN AND WELCOME COFFEE
09:30 WELCOME ADDRESS
- Joël Mesot (ETH Zurich President)
- Dario Floreano (NCCR Robotics Director)
- Robert Riener (NCCR Robotics Co-Director)
09:50 SCIENTIFIC PRESENTATIONS
- Marco Hutter (Robotic Systems Lab, ETHZ): How legged robots revolutionize mobile robotic applications
- Herb Shea (Soft Transducers Lab, EPFL): Soft machines, hard at work
- Stéphanie Lacour (Lab. for Soft Bioelectronic Interfaces, EPFL): Soft transducers for wearables and implantables
10:50 CORPORATE PRESENTATIONS
- Marina Bill (VP of ABB and Head of Marketing and Sales Robotics and Discrete Automation): Robotics and Smart Manufacturing today and tomorrow
- Simon Johnson (DIAS): Flying Robotics: Beyond future aerial mobility
- Gery Colombo (Hocoma co-founder; F&P adviser): Robots in healthcare: opportunities and obstacles
11:40 NATIONAL THEMATIC NETWORK (NTN) INNOVATION BOOSTER ROBOTICS
- Aude Billard (NTN Robotics Booster Lead)
12:00 STANDING LUNCH
EXHIBITION AREA OPENS
13:00 MENTORING SESSION FOR YOUNG RESEARCHERS IN ROBOTICS (Meeting room 2)
Marina Bil (ABB): How to make it in industry?
Auke Ijspeert (EPFL): How to make it in academia?
Iselin Frøybu (Emovo Care): How to make it in academia and with a start-up?
13:45 POSTER PRESENTATIONS (Poster room)
14:15 START-UP CAROUSEL (Stage)
Sponsored by Maxon
15:00 ROUNDTABLE: INNOVATIONS IN HEALTHCARE ROBOTICS
- Robert Riener (Sensory-Motor Systems Lab, ETHZ)
- Serena Maggioni (Hocoma)
- Georg Rauter (BIROMED-Lab, UNIBAS)
- Liliana Paredes (RehaKlinik Zihlschlacht)
Moderation: Sara Ibrahim (SWI swissinfo.ch)
16:00 HIGH TECH ART
- Aparna Rao
Supported by Faulhaber
16:30 CYBATHLON @SCHOOL
- Final competition
18:00 END OF EVENT
Roundtable – Innovations in Healthcare Robotics
The panelists will explore the application of robotic technology to healthcare in order to diagnose and treat disease, or to correct, restore or modify a body function or a body part. Renowned experts will address the latest advances in the field but also cover the broader implications and potential disruptions of robots and artificial intelligence in the healthcare domain.
The combination of innovative research, powerful, low-cost enabling technology, and the support of business, government and academic leaders, are some of the most important aspects to be discussed on healthcare robotics. We aim at bringing up a discussion that will provide engineers and engineering management with the technical information and guidance they need to more quickly and easily design, develop and manufacture the next generation of commercial class healthcare robotics systems. Ms. Sara Ibrahim (SWI swissinfo.ch) will moderate the session.